Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bow Down Daisy Duke


Ah, women. We're beautiful, we're fun, we're smart. Not to brag, but we've got a lot going for us. But of course, we do have our #1 universal achilles heel, and I believe we all know what that is. Some blame it on PMS, revenge on that awful boyfriend, being overly-stressed, but truth is, we all have a, pardon my lack for a better word, b!tchy streak. I'll refer to it as "The Streak" from now on. This is a tale of one of mine....


High school. Need I say more? Why on earth would I date a sophomore when I was a SENIOR?!?! idk, maybe I was feeling a little Demi Moore-esque, but this certain guy was no Ashton Kutcher. His name was Hunter, and he was cute. I'll give him that. You know, he was muscular. He didn't look much like a sophomore in the body, but he definitely still had a baby-face. This particular boy was the average young player. Hunter was the type to date girls and leave them at the drop of a hat. He did it to quite a few of the younger girls I knew. Not only that but he hit on EVERYONE. It got annoying. So "The Streak" decided it wanted to come out and have some fun. It told me that we were going to play a little game. HIS game. We would lead him on, make him want me. We would date him. We would leave him. Sounded like a good plan to me! The plan was easy to get going, considering he was like a male dog humping anything he could find. Plus I was the "older, more experience woman." Let me go ahead and say this, I am a virgin. So I am not all that "experienced" in that since of the term. To him, however, it was new, uncharted territory. A chance to look like the big man on campus, with the older girl, etc, etc... So I took a while to actually date him. You know, wanted to take it slow. (Revenge is best served cold, you know. The slower and longer it took, the better.) I dated him. Kid wasn't too bad. A bit of a perv, and WAYYYY too easily excited, if you know what I mean, but he wasn't a bad kisser, nor did he do too many embarrassing things. Then we became official, and I let that go on for a few weeks. Then, we got into a fight (provoked by me, of course) and we broke up. Then it got even better! He wanted me back. Exactly the way I wanted it. I had him in the palm of my hand. After getting past the whole angry time after a break up, I "forgave" him and we began flirting again. I mean, I sort of liked him, but this was getting hilarious. "The Streak" especially loved it when he was like my little puppy dog. I would look at him when he was ahead of me in the lunch line, and as soon as he got out, he would come straight to me, give me a kiss on the cheek, and go to our table and wait for me. He would carry my book bag for me, and get things for me when I needed them. As I said, palm of my hand. All the girls loved it. He was to me what they always were to him, a little pawn in this love-game (no, not the Lady GaGa song... geez). Me and my friends would sing a little song by Rooney that reminded us of it and made us laugh. It went "You don't know me so well, I think you know that now. I'm unbreakable. There's no need for fragile stickers. You're too young for me, but I can keep a secret. I'm in total control of the situation. Bow down Daisy Duke." Of course it all ended, exactly how I wanted it to. And then I realized, from the song, what was going on. I was the guy in the relationship. Had him in the palm of my hand. It was just like the Rooney song, where the guy was singing to the girl. It all clicked at that very moment. "The Streak" isn't just for us ladies, it just stands out more prominently in us. "The Streak" is in everyone, male or female. Just for some reason, when it's a girl, we're PMSing or overly-stressed, or something. When it's a guy acting like I did? He's a playa. A pimp. He's cool. The girl, well we know exactly what everyone would think of her. It just goes back to a very common double standard. A guy sleeps with every girl he can and he's cool. A playa. A pimp. A girl sleeps with everyone she can, and she's a slut. I'm not trying to promote sleeping with everyone you can here, I'm just throwing that out there.

So it's "The Streak."

Everyone experiences it.

Got a story about yours? Send it in to the site, and I may just post it on here.


;) Fun Sized

blog comments powered by Disqus