Tuesday, November 10, 2009

“What’s up dumb b!tches?”

… were the first words a New Yorker said to my friends and I upon arrival of the great city, yet they were not the last with profanity. New York City, I’ll say it again. New York City. The largest and probably most important city on this planet is a sight to see – and it is many things, but nice and slow are not some of them. I walked through the streets forgetting to breathe; I wanted to soak in everything. Experiencing New York through all of my overloaded five senses, and then some; I still feel I didn’t get the full taste of her. She is many things, and boring also, is not one of them.





My friends and I took to walking throughout the city, three of us had been there before, and three of us hadn’t – yet it still seemed (with the three that had been to NYC multiple times) that we were just a bunch of hicks in a big city waiting to be raped, or worse: ignored.
We were ignored though, time and time again. My friend J Mezizzle and I put the bait out there for some sort of attention – we are born to be celebrities and NYC (among all of her qualities, an eye for talent isn’t one of them) just held her nose up to us like she could still smell the Griffin stench on our clothes (mind you, the stench should’ve long been gone by then – we had driven 12 hours with a car full of smokers, riders with a tendency to take their shoes off, not to mention we had a lack of manners when it came to biological functions).
Regardless, arrival of the city was amazing. I wanted to live there, and fell in love with her. New York.

First Impression: Fascinating. Rude.

[Stay tuned for next segment]


2 comments:

  1. that is hilarious!!the smell of Griffin.. omg.. keep up the blogs. please post something on copy cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol are you serious? copy cats? i could never :P

    ReplyDelete